backdrop

Thursday, May 10, 2012

What's for dinner tonight?

I just finished eating dinner - and yes, I realize that it is almost 10pm, welcome to my life - and it was so easy and absolutely delicious that I had to share it with you.

Tonight I give you Chicken Pasta Salad. Basically, it's the most incredibly easy pasta salad with some chicken in it... I know, I'm really blowing your mind with this stuff right?!

Ingredients:
1 box rainbow rotini pasta
1 cucumber
Grape tomatoes (as many as you like)
1 pkg. pre-sliced pepperoni
1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded cheddar
1 bottle Italian dressing
2 small chicken breast

Directions:
Cook pasta according to directions, after draining and rinsing place in large bowl and pour 1/2 of the bottle of dressing on top, stir well or put a li on the bowl and shake it up. Refrigerate pasta while finishing the following directions.

Cut cucumber into thick slices, and then quarter each slice, do the same with the pepperoni slices, and finally, cut the grape tomatoes in half. Stir in with the cooled pasta. Add the shredded cheese (note:make sure the pasta is cool before adding the cheese or you will have chunks of melted cheese stuck to your pasta). Pour in the rest of the pasta salad and stir well (or shake).

I don't typically add chicken to my pasta salad, so those are the basic directions, but I knew that it would be dinner, as opposed to a side dish, so u threw it in to make it a little more filling. If you do want to add chicken to your pasta salad simply cube the chicken breasts and cook in a skillet along with 2 tablespoons of Italian dressing, after cooking the chicken toss it in the bowl with the rest of the pasta salad and you have dinner.

I will tell you that this makes a good deal of pasta salad, which works really well for us because we take it for lunch for a couple of days, but you'll definitely eat it all - and if you double the recipe it is perfect for a party or potluck! This is a recipe you'll use all summer long!

No comments:

Post a Comment