backdrop

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Accessorizing bold prints

Women often tell me that they don't wear jewelry with boldly printed tops, dresses, etc, and I say "why not?!" accessories should never take away from an outfit, rather they compliment the clothing. Jewelry can do that, you may just have to try a few different pieces to get the right look.

For example, today I wore a black top , complete with white polka dots, ruffles, and even a bow. For my jewelry I chose a black necklace (Urbanite) which was subtle against the black top, and a pearl necklace (class act) which mimicked the white polka dots. I kept the earrings simple - black pearls (first lady). Since the top was sleeveless, my arms and hands were far enough away from the bold patterns to be the perfect place for some real stand out items - two eye catching bracelets (Sensational and Bauble On), still black and pearl, and fun rings (black tie and intrigue).

There you have it, style tip of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment