backdrop

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Collections

I had three different ideas for posts today, and I forgot to take pictures of each and every one of them, I really need to re-train myself to stop in the moment and remember that!

That said, I'm going in a bit of a different direction. I thought I would share a couple of photos of my little collections with you.

I really hate that word. Collections. It takes me back to elementary school when all the girls collected pencils and stickers and bookmarks and meaningless little trinkets. So I try not to ever use it, at the same time, there are things that I collect.

The first of these is my vintage Pyrex. I'm very particular about this, it must be the teal and white Amish butter print. I honestly could not tell you when or why I fell in love with this but it speaks to me... You know... And I am sooooo not one of those people to put it on a shelf and never touch it, I have to use it, or I have no reason to have it.

My second collection is another useful item - milk glass spice jars. Again a particular brand and only with the green lids, because they match my kitchen of course. I fell in love with these when searching for spice storing for my vintage-y kitchen, which can be pretty hard. Most of the spice jars and racks available in major stores are super modern and utilitarian, so these fit the bill perfectly!

What about you, what are your collections?

No comments:

Post a Comment