backdrop

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Another bag

I have a problem. I am addicted to handbags. For those of you who know me well, this statement comes as no surprise.

Anyway, I am constantly searching for the perfect bag, and the one that I have at the moment is never quite right for what I NEED at the moment. As you can probably guess, this could very easily become an expensive obsession, so when I'm feeling especially broke, I turn to my trusty sewing machine to make my dream bag a reality.

My latest creation is for my upcoming trip to Chicago (woohoo! 9 days!). I have been in search of a bag that is stylish, simple, not too big, but big enough to carry around the city all day and stash whatever I may need (or may buy...), and lightweight.

This is what I came up with. It is modeled after a purse that I have that actually gets bigger when you undo, the bottom buckles to go from a hobo to a tote. I used snaps for mine.

I really should've done a tutorial, because I know I won't remember how to make it, but when I make a bag I am in the zone, so there was no stopping for pictures. Plus, the way I sew, there's a very real possibility that my instructions would have made no sense at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment