backdrop

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Vacation is exhausting!

I am wiped out, who knew that vacation could completely wear you out. But honestly I'm not suprised, we did a lot today. We started bright and early (not so much, we didn't leave the campground until 10) in Berlin Ohio, which some cute shops, but for the most part has become overly touristy. I did get a couple of things, some new towels for the kitchen, one of the best stores is Berlin Bulk Foods, which is filled with baga and bags of noodles, cake bread and muffin mixes, dried beans, seasonings, flour, and candy. I picked out a cinnamon muffin mix, along with some pumpkin cappucino mix, which I was super excited to find.

From downtown Berlin we headed to a place we always hit, no matter what; Heini's Cheese Chalet. We never eat all of the cheese that we buy there, but it's so much fun to sample all of them! And then we drove 15 minutes to Charm Ohio. It's not even a town, more like a tiny speck on the map, but it Is home to my very favorite Amish bakery, Miller's Bakery. We walked in the door the minute that they pulled a tray of giant cinnamon rolls (I'm talking the size if my face giant) out of the oven, and the scent hit me like a ton of bricks. Needless to say, we bought one of those, along with a variety of cookies.

We went back for lunch at the camper, and then headed into town for the fair. We were hoping that the forecasted rain would hold off, but no such luck, we left the fairgrounds soaked to the bone. Luckily Aaron's brother lives close by, and we were able to throw some things in the dryer while we visited. When we finally left at 9 we still hadn't had dinner, so we ended up at the applebees in Wooster. I could've cared less about my food, I was too busy savoring my giant glass of Red Apple Sangria, which was absolutely to die for!

Now I'm back at the camper, and I'm completely content. I'm warm, dry, and full, and feeling like a bit of a party pooped because I am so ready to crawl into bed! Pictures will be up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment