backdrop

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chili!!

I apologize for two posts in a row without a picture, in my defense I did take a picture for this one but the lighting was horrible and it didn't make my super yummy chili look very appetizing at all.

Anyway, I am addicted to elephantitas alegras, I read kate's hilarious posts every day, and she has got me craving chili. I'm not typically a chili person, but I couldn't get it out of my head so I did a quick google search and found a recipe for a creamy white chicken chili, which has officially become my favorite dinner recipe EVER! Here it is:

1lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2inch cubes
1 med. Onion - chopped
1 1/2tsp. Garlic powder
1tblsp canola oil
2 15oz cans great northern beans
1 14oz can chicken broth
2 4oz cans chopped green chilis (I could only find a 7oz can, but I only used 2/3 of it)
1tsp salt (I used 1/2)
1tsp ground cumin (I used 3/4)
1tsp dried oregano
1/2tsp pepper
1/4tsp cayenne pepper
8oz sour cream
1/2cup heavy whipping cream

In a large saucepan sauté the chicken, onion, and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink.

Add beans, broth, chilis, and seasonings, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.

Remove from heat, stir in cream and sour cream. Serves 7

I don't know about where you are, but it's definitely going to be chili weather in Ohio this weekend! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment