backdrop

Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm off to the fair!


It's time for our local county fair, and I have dusted off my boots! I will be spending the next week helping with 4H events and working in concession stands, so my posts will be few and far between, but only for a week.


I am especially looking forward to making the fair work for my business. This is the perfect place to promote Obsessively Organized, as it is the one place where I will see everyone that I know. The fair is a big deal aroound here, even those who have moved away tend to come back for the county fair, so this will be a great opportunity for me to use the best marketing tool known to man - word of mouth. I will also be handing out business cards (but not in an obnoxious way). I am looking forward to seeing everyone that I have not seen since the fair last year, and I am excited to tell them about all of the work that I've been doing (however, if they would just read the blog then I wouldn't have to tell them!).


While I'm away having fun (and working too!) take some time to check out http://buggabugs.etsy.com/ they have an adorable pattern for County Fair Treats made from felt. Also take a look at http://yeehaw.etsy.com/ where you will find some hilarious letterpress signs, including one advertising "mule sniffing" and "squirrel tossing" at the county fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment