backdrop

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Get Organized!

Hi all, it's Wednesday and that means it's time for the organizing tip of the week. This one is very simple, but has also proven to be very useful.
If you are anything like me your space is covered in to-do lists, shopping lists, post it notes, order confirmations, receipts, and cards. It gets a little overwhelming, and it leaves me with absolutely no room to work.
In order to combat all of those little notes that clutter up my work space I have begun writing everything down in a mini notebook. I put all of my phone messages, to do lists, shopping lists, and random notes in this one little notebook, and I stick all of the loose addresses, business cards, and receipts in the pocket. This way my mess is confined to one area, and I can pick it up and throw it in my purse so I always have my lists with me.

Here is my notebook (on my far too cluttered desk):



This is also helpful because I have a tendency to get easily frustrated by the clutter and get into a cleaning rage, where I unknowingly throw away a very important piece of paper (it's happened more than once), this way all these notes will still be there months later.
Shameless promotion: I have many mini notebooks just like this one in my Etsy shop stop by and check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment