backdrop

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Watching and waiting

I am in awe of the photo below (from newyorktheater.me). I have lived my entire life in Ohio, but from a very young age I have been fascinated with NYC. I dreamed of moving there for college, living in a teeny apartment, and going out at all times of the night.

Needless to say, that never happened, and I am very happy being just a small town girl, this is where my heart is. But that fascination has left me glued to my television watching the coverage o Sandy, along with the rest of the nation. I am so struck, by this photo of Times Square, completely empty. It's like a scene from a movie.

So for now I will continue to watch and wait to see what the aftermath of he storm will bring, and while I will continue to pray for the safety of those affected, I will also be enjoying the break from all of the campaign news!

No comments:

Post a Comment