backdrop

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Exciting Saturday evening plans

When I was little my mom used to make us really elaborate Halloween costumes. That woman can do anything with a sewing machine. She swears she is not creative in the least, but I beg to differ. Between my sister and I she had made a cow, a mouse, an ice cream cone - complete with cherry on top headpiece, a pumpkin, a clown, a witch, and a poodle skirt. I'm sure I'm forgetting something seriously cute, but they were amazing costumes. She'd start as soon as costume patterns went on sale, and there were near constant pinnings and fittings, I loved every minute, and I appreciate them so much more now than I ever did then!

This is why I am so excited about my plans for this evening. I get to help one if my very favorite co-workers make her son's Halloween costume. This is my gist chance to do what my mom did for me for all of those years. That said I do hope that she realized that her job is not done because all I'm doing tonight is making a superhero cape, that's easy peasy, she can make all of my children's costumes, because if my kids are anything like me they aren't going to want anything easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment