backdrop

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Etsy Update

 
It has been a looooooong time coming, but I have finally added some new stuff to my Etsy store.  I have also made a ton of changes, so I thought a little background story was in order, to update all of my wonderful followers and inform anyone who might be just finding my blog or my shop.

I started my Etsy shop in 2009.  At this point in my life I had graduated from college, but hadn't been able to find a job.  I needed a little extra money, so I started selling calendars and planners that I had made for myself to keep me organized through college.  I also developed a Wedding Planning Notebook, with the help of a good friend who was in the event-planning industry.  I was absolutely loving the success of my Etsy shop - Obsessively Organized, and then I landed my dream job.

I got a job as a Preschool Teacher at a Community College Lab School.  I get to work with little ones and college students every day, and I am blessed to be able to take advantage of some incredible professional development opportunities.  I love my day job! Around the time that I started working full time, I was inundated with custom orders for Wedding books, which were incredibly time consuming to put together.  I had to take a break from my Etsy store to keep my sanity, and to fully devote myself to my job.

I tried to do both for a bit, but then I got engaged, and being the do-it-yourself-er that I am, I threw everything that I had into creating as much as I possibly could for my wedding.  I've had my hand in a few different things since then, but I have always said that I would get my shop going again.

This weekend I sat down to work on a Christmas gift for a friend, a super cute necklace made almost entirely out of fabric.  It went together so quickly that I made 4 more, and that was that.  I have always loved accessories, especially jewelry, but to mix my love of jewelry with my passion for fabric just seemed natural.

I've made a few changes to my shop to go along with the new content.  The shop's title is now Fabric Scraps by Obsessively Organized - I wanted to keep it linked to my username and to my blog.  Currently I have a few new necklaces available, along with some leftover wedding decorations.  You will probably see planners make an appearance again at some point, along with a lot of other items, I really don't want to tie myself to one thing. 

I will definitely continue posting to my blog, I love love love blogging, even if no one reads it.
Thanks for sticking with me through all of the changes, hopefully they will all be positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment