backdrop

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Thankful

This year for Lent, instead of giving something up, I've decided to really focus on what I have, and how lucky I am. I am going to try to post every day something that I am thankful or grateful for.

Today I am especially thankful for my home. I know that most people consider this to be pretty basic, of course I am thankful for my home as a place of shelter, but it goes a little deeper than that for me. My home is my place to just be. It is an extension of myself and the place where I feel most comfortable. It has taken some time to feel that way, and to get everything just how I want it, and of course I have a wish list, things I want to fix, add, change, buy, etc. but I am in love with my home, it is perfectly mine, and I am so grateful that I have a place to call mine, and a place where I can truly, honestly be me.

This is a picture from early this fall, when I thought I had finally finished the living room, it made me laugh to see how much I have changed since this was taken, but that is so true of my house. It is always changing and evolving, every tweak makes it more mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment