backdrop

Friday, February 22, 2013

Just a little snow and ice!

Today I am thankful that I have grown up in Northwest Ohio, where I learned how to drive in snow and ice, and have practiced doing this every winter, because this morning, when I had to drive in one of the worst snow and ice storms that we have had in the last two years, I had experience on my side.

Some people hate to drive in the snow.  It doesnt really bother me, I think I came to terms with it fairly early in my driving experiences because I knew that it would be a fact of life, and also because as much as I love my mother, I didn't want to be afraid of it like she was.  She used to make us be silent in the backseat when she was driving in the snow, so that she would be able to concentrate.

So this morning when it was sleeting and snowing, I wasn't scared when my car got caught on a drift and I wasn't scared when I wasn't sure that I would be able to stop as I approached a red light, I just did what i needed to do, and kept a close eye on those around me.  Thank goodness for experience, and being confident in my ability to get from place to place safely. Oh, and thank goodness I don't have to drive far!

No comments:

Post a Comment