backdrop

Friday, June 22, 2012

The verdict

Ok, I tried them, and the verdict is in: YUM! So good! Now I have to write down the recipe before I forget what it is.

I originally started with a recipe for Nutella cookies, however I didn't actually have any Nutella, I used World Market Vanilla Hazelnut spread (pictured below) and Hershey's Cocoa powder. So we'll call them cocoa hazelnut chip cookies.

Cocoa Hazelnut Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup vanilla hazelnut spread (or nutella)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder (omit if using nutella)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips

Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Beat in hazelnut spread, if using cocoa powder, add now and mix well. Add baking soda, salt and flour. Mix in chocolate chips by hand.

Spoon onto baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment