backdrop

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowed In!

We just got 12 inches of snow in the last 29 hours, so needless to say I am stuck inside. On the bright side, I've had a day and a half off of work, so all things considered, I'd gladly take the snow!

My favorite thing about snow days is that they are a complete surprise, it's like the gift of extra time. So today I spent the entire day frosting valentine's day cookies, something that I never would have actually had time for, which means this weekend I don't have to frost cookies, and I can do other stuff, you know, that I actually really want to do.

Don't get me wrong, I do love to frost cookies, but when I have a million other things to do, spending four hours with sticky frosting fingers isn't as fun as it sound. I know, this is a completely random rant, but I've been in the kitchen all day by myself, so you'll have that. Any way, here are a couple of pictures that I took today, first some finished cookies, just in time for me to take to work tomorrow, and then one of Allis playing in the snow drifts!


As far as the studio remodel, it has been slow going lately, a foot of snow tends to put a damper on outdoor projects. Luckily we were able to get two new windows and a new door on before the snow started falling, and most of the studio has been insulated, unfortunately I'm going to have to wait until after northwest Ohio thaws out a bit before I can add any more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment