backdrop

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Looking for inspiration

I finally finished one quilting project this year, and now it's time to think about my next one, but I've decided to really challenge myself this time. I'm not letting myself buy any new material.

This is crazy for me, because I have a process. I go to the fabric store with a reason to pick out fabric, and I let myself go in therefor hours, putting together combinations and mixing and matching, and usually spending way more than I had planned. But picking out the fabric is my favorite part, and it usually gives me the momentum to get through the rest of the project, because I am so inspired by the fabrics that I have to work with.

Now that I've been doing this for a while, I've accumulated quite a fabric collection, of mostly scraps. I really want to use these little bits and pieces to creat something amazing, but I have a few fears that I'm going to have to tackle first. For example, I am terrified of working with tiny little squares because I'm not patient enough to get the corners on my bigger squared to line up.

I've rummaged through my fabric stash, and I've got a pretty nice color combination, but that's about as far as I can get. I think it might be time to turn to Pinterest for a little inspiration, and then sit down and really work this out on paper before I start cutting.

I can't believe I just said that... I'm usually a measure once, cut once, and it something isn't right ill work it out later kind of girl...
Clearly it's time to switch up my process just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment