backdrop

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What is that?!

That's exactly what my husband asked when he saw it in the fridge, along with a "I looks disgusting"

To be honest, he's right, it dies look disgusting, which is what I thought the first time I saw it on Pinterest, so clearly I had to try it.

The health food groupies recommend oats, Greek yogurt, chia seeds, organic fruit, etc. these recipe typically turn me off because I just don't stock those kinds of foods in my kitchen. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about eating healthy, but I'm not big on fads, or spending tons of money to eat healthy. However, I figured I could make some sime substitutions, and I actually had all of the ingredients that it would require.

So here's my version, and while it may not look pretty, it tastes wonderful. It also successfully kept me full all morning long!

1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (I used Dannon Light and Fit)
1/2 cup rolled oats (not quick oats, quick oats will get too mushy)
1/2 or one whole banana (you decide how much banana you want)***

Mix it all together and put it in the refrigerator overnight, enjoy for a quick breakfast!

*** you can add any combination o fruit/spices/jam/peanut butter etc. I just happen to be on a banana kick at the moment, so that's what I had.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with Aaron...A little funky looking but maybe worth the try!

    ReplyDelete