backdrop

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Leap of Faith

I've been trying to decide if I am going to take the leap. To really jump into the process of being a small business owner 100%. I started selling on Etsy as a way to earn some money while I tried to find a full time job, but I've found that I truely enjoy the work I have been doing. It doesn't always feel like work. As I get more and more interested in my little business I find myself making excuses for not looking for a full time job.

As much as I love the work that I am doing right now I have the same doubts as anyone else in my situation. That little voice in the back of my head that says "are you sure this will work?" and "Can you really make enough money doing this?" But the question that I ask myself the most is "do I believe in myself?"

I was having a conversation about this particular subject with one of my very best friends earlier today. Brooke and I are in a similar place, we both just recently graduated from college, and neither of us have been able to find jobs (even though we were both very good students with very good resumes). She told me that something would happen for me when it was supposed to happen.

Now I have said this very same thing to myself numerous times, but it really helps to know that I am not my only cheerleader. And I have gotten completely off subject...

Anyway, Brooke told me that something would happen for me when it was supposed to happen. Now this saying is extremely vague, and a bit cliche, but sure enough, I made a sale that very day. Now I am a huge believer in signs, and if that wasn't a sign, then I don't know what would be.

So, here I go, I'm going to do it. I'm going to take that huge leap of faith and give this my all. And most importantly I am going to believe in myself (well, that's a process, so I'm going to work on believing in myself, really, I am).

Mother Teresa said "Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and let your wings grow on the way down." This is my reminder that no matter what I happens, I will absolutely learn something from this experience.

What quotes keep you going? I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment