backdrop

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Seasonal decorating

Some people go all out over decorating for different holidays and seasons, me, I'm a Christmas decorator, but the rest of those holidays, not so much. Now don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean that I don't change things up as the seasons change, I think it's natural for us to want to make changed to make our homes more comfortable for the changing seasons, I just like everything to flow well all of the time.

For example, for fall I add a few gourds and pumpkins, in the same baskets that I have out all year long, and I might switch out floral arrangements to include dried wheat, but I'm not one to go over the top with garlands and banners and little witch figurines or fake scarecrows. Personally I think that pulling out the cozy blankets to lay over the edge of the couch says "hello chilly weather" just subtly enough, I really don't need fake leaves all over the place... Sorry, just my own personal rant, tell me how you feel about holiday decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment