backdrop

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Let's get back to business

Since my life has been just a bit stressful and out of control lately, my recent break from work was exactly what I needed. A week and a half gave me just enough time to indulge myself, while still allowing me to appreciate how wonderful a little break can be. I must say that I am very proud of myself, even though I had a great deal of time to relax and spend with friends and family, I also managed to find time to volunteer and create some adorable new items for my Etsy shop.

As tonight is my last evening before I have to get back to the real world I definitely find myself wishing it could last just a little longer, so I thought that this would be the perfect time to share one of my holiday ideas with you.

One of my favorite activities this holiday season was gift wrapping. I know that some do not look forward to this particular activity, but because I do love any kind of paper craft, gift wrapping puts me totally in my element.
Call me crazy, but I love to mix and match paper styles and ribbon, and each year I challenge myself to create a gift tag that doubles as a special keepsake. This year I cut each recipient's first initial from stiffened felt. I used a fine-tip permanent marker to write their whole first name on the letter, and then I punched a hole in the initial and added an eyelet. When it was time to wrap I simply slipped the ribbon right through the eyelet. It was a great time saver!

Another great gift wrap tip: I loved my wrapping paper so much that I decided to use it as the background for my holiday related scrapbook pages. In order to make the paper stiff enough to hold photos and embellishments I simply wrapped a piece of card stock just like I would wrap a gift. Now I get to showcase my favorite holiday photos and have pieces of my beautiful gift wrap to remember forever!

I have a great deal of holiday photos to share with you, keep checking in, as I plan on sharing photos of gifts that I made for others as well as new items that I have recently added to my Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment