backdrop

Sunday, January 10, 2010

A dream come true...I hope

You may remember, early last summer, I posted some great photos of the shed that I was dying to convert into a studio (if not, you can view that post, and the photos, here). Anyway, by some miracle I was able to convince my boyfriend, ok I had a little help from his mother, that it really would be better as my studio than converted back to the working chicken coop that it had once been.


This doesn't happen very often, the whole me being able to convince him to do something my way, so needless to say, I am ecstatic! Not only am I finally getting a studio, a complete dream come true, I also get to share the who process with all of you!


Today I want to show you a few more photos of the space as it was when Aaron bought the property, just so you can appreciate how much work we have to do.


ok, I lied, I only have one picture of the shed, because at the time, I couldn't imagine why I would want more than one picture of the inside of this thing. The picture is a little dark, so I'll do my best to describe it for you. Originally this building served as a chicken coop, it was then converted into a garden shed, which explains all of the miscellaneous pots. It is dark, and currently missing two of the six windows. There is a racked cement floor, which is not level, and btw, it floods when it rains.
The plan is to raise and refinish the floor, insulate and finish the walls, finish the ceiling, paint and finish the exterior, install new windows and doors, and wire the whole place for electrical, and that's just what has to be done to the structure. After all of that is completed I have free range to work my decorating/organizational magic, and I could not be more excited!
I will certainly post pictures of the whole process, please let me know if you have any tips or tricks, or products that you could not do without. I am looking to make my studio the most organized, efficient workspace that I possibly can and I would love to know what works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment