1. The first cookie is the control - this cookie has the proper amount of all necessary ingredients, and has baked for the correct time.
2. The second cookie has too much flour. Not only did it not spread out, it is also rock hard.
3. The third cookie has too much shortening, which melted and burned during baking because there was too much for the flour to absorb.
4. The fourth cookie was baked at the correct temperature, but for too long. It is hard, and burnt all of the way through.
5. The fifth cookie was baked at a temperature that was too warm. The edges are burnt and crispy, and the middle is dark, but very soft. It did not bake evenly.
6. The sixth cookie was baked at a temperature that was not hot enough. The cookie is too soft to pick up, and is not cooked all of the way through.
I'm glad that the experiment worked the way that i wanted it to, but I was really sad to have to ruin 5 cookies in the process, it hurt to throw those in the trash!