backdrop

Friday, December 14, 2012

A little reflection

I was all set to post the Christmas cookies that I spent the day frosting, and how much I enjoyed my day off, then I turned on the news.

It's a hard day to be a teacher, and yet, I wasn't with my kiddos today. Monday can't come soon enough, so that I can give them all a few more hugs and be thankful that they are safe, happy, and too young to be afraid of the things on the news. Every Ike that something like this happens it makes me think about my job just a little differently. I can make sure that they can count to 20 and write their names, but there are plenty of things that I, that no one, can control.

My heart goes out to all of those families, and to the teachers, who will never be able to get this day out of their minds.

Newtown CT 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment